Princess Alexandra Hospital
Princess Alexandra Hospital appointed Wayfinder UK to undertake a cohesive wayfinding strategy to produce an innovative solution to tackle issues of misdirection around the hospital environment.
Wayfinder UK were able to develop a detailed wayfinding strategy which worked in harmony with both staff and patients, increasing efficiencies whilst improving the brand image of the hospital. The hospital site was in the process of some development work, with new roads being built around the hospital. The team worked to create a cohesive strategy for the whole site, sympathetic with the structures design, both inside and out.
A strategy which would extend effectively into the wider environment without compromise. The consultants needed to guide visitors into the hospital from the roundabout, many visitors were simply missing the correct turning, leading to late and missed appointments. The team also realised that due to the hospitals ambition for future development that a flexible and durable solution was necessary, one which could be easily modified at a later date.
Princess Alexandra Hospital has enjoyed huge success with the implementation of their specified wayfinding system. The hospital worked closely with Wayfinder UK to produce a solution that communicates clearly and allows the hospital to function in an efficient and cohesive manner. These consistent improvements promote a greater level of understanding for staff and patients alike, creating a unified structure of success to take into the future. We have continued to work alongside the hospital giving advice and guidance where necessary.
In addition to the project showcased here, Wayfinder have delivered wayfinding projects to lots of other clients in this sector. Here are just a selection of them:
- Airedale Hospital, Yorkshire
- The Christie, Manchester
- The Christie @ Salford Royal Hospital
- The Christie @ Royal Oldham Hospital
- Kensington and Chelsea Hospital
- Springfield University Hospital
- University Hospitals Bristol
- Bristol Royal Infirmary
- St Michael’s Hospital Bristol
- Royal United Hospital Bath (four hospitals on site)
- Royal Blackburn Hospital
- Blackpool Fylde and Wyre Hospital Trust
- Blackpool Victoria Hospital
- Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
- St Bart’s Hospital London
- Harlow Hospital
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital Trust
- Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Gabowen Hospital
- Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital
- The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals Trust
- New cross hospital
- Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge
- Bolton One Health centre
- St Charles Hospital, London
- South West London and St George’s Trust
- Queen Victoria Hospital East Grinstead
- Hull University Teaching Hospitals
- Hull Royal Infirmary
- Castle Hill Hospital Hull
- The Christie Proton Beam Centre (first in the UK)
- Clatterbridge Cancer Hospital Liverpool
- Royal Victoria Infirmary Newcastle
- Wythenshawe Manchester
- The Princess Alexandra Harlow
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Pinderfields Hospital
- Dewsbury and District Hospital
- Pontefract Hospital
- Wye Valley NHS Trust
- Stratford Hospital
Our Wayfinding Process
This website is designed to offer only general information, therefore the content does not explain the important technical details involved in the wayfinding process.
Such information is restricted to client briefings, in order to protect our intellectual property. As this information is vital to your understanding of our services and the many benefits, we are more than happy to explain in detail, either over the telephone or face to face.
To find out more, please email email@example.com to arrange a free, no obligation telephone conversation with one of our senior consultants.